NORTH CAROLINA LAND GRANT IMAGES AND DATA
Searchable data plus 1,065,000 images for 217,460 land grants issued in North Carolina from 1663 to 1960
Over ONE MILLION images! 137,500 new images for Bladen, Cumberland, Robeson and more!
Click for details (25 Nov 22).
VERSION 2.5 is now here! Image downloads, image adjustments, stay signed on, mobile friendlier, and more!
Click for details (1 Sept 22).
- No bunkum! 68,000 new images for Buncombe, Cabarrus, Cleveland, Onslow, and Polk counties
Click for details.
(19 July 22)
- 1,434 previously missing land grants now online and searchable, includes 40% of all grants prior to 1730!
Click for details. (12 Jan 22)
- Click here for more news: Another 150,000 images; Thanks (over half) a Million; Q&A from NGS presentation; Latest enhancements; ...
* Searchable data for 217,460 land grants
including names, dates and locations for years 1663 through 1960, including
10,000 grants in what is now Tennessee
* 51,500 Images of all 200+ existing Land Patent Books
with complete metes and bounds for each patent (Unique to this website
* 961,500 Images of loose documents (surveys, warrants, receipts
) for 88 NC and 18 TN
counties, with more on the way
* 41,000 Images of all Lord Granville Grants
including signed deeds, warrants, and surveys (Unique to this website
* 6,300 Images of all Land Grant Entry Books
copied by the state 1778 - 1795 (Unique to this website
* 1,400 records of pre-1730 land grants not found in any other online databases (Unique to this website
Find land grant files using a subject index.
Find land grant files based on criteria such as name, location, acres, dates, etc.
View Patent Books by book and page number.
Browse land grant file images as copied from microfilm. It's like using a
microfilm reader but much faster.
Sign on or register (optional).
Information about this site.
HOW YOU CAN HELP
Information on how you can help me improve this site and keep it free for everyone.
Provides basic information on how to use this website to find land grant files.
Frequently Asked Questions about this site and its contents.
Other resources related to North Carolina land grants.
Glossary of land grant terms.
Basic information about each county.
Convert ancient measurments such as rods and poles to modern.
METES & BOUNDS
Experimental metes & bounds drawing tool.
This website is owned and operated by
NC Historical Records Online
. The land grant images and associated data on this website
were provided courtesy of the
State Archives of North Carolina
, Raleigh NC and are in the public domain. If you use this information
elsewhere, please credit the State Archives of North Carolina as the source, along with the
corresponding call number.
Content on this website not originating from the State Archives of North Carolina is Copyright 2014-2022
by NC Historical Records Online